Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blog Assignment 3

Blog Assignment #4
RIP: Remix Manifesto

                I think the Remix Manifesto was made because the director of the film wanted to get across the message that copyright is going way to far. His point of view was very straight forward; that he didn’t agree with copyright policies. I do agree with his point of view because it is quit pointless to sue somebody that makes art that people enjoy.
The film maker was a little bias in the documentary but I think that only makes the film better because he was trying to persuade the viewers to agree with him which is not wrong. It is okay to have bias sometimes as long as it doesn’t go over the top. They didn’t really give the other side a chance it seemed and didn’t really interview them further so I couldn’t really get the other side’s point of view.
My thoughts on copyright are that they seem to be going over board with it. I think it is anyone’s business to create art from what ever they wanted and how. To take a film and download parts of it into another are okay in my opinion you are trying to make art your own. If someone were to take my work and alter it or change it would be okay with me because not everyone thinks the same so it would be different to how I saw it and how they saw it.
I thought the film was okay because of the point of view copyright issue. It was a good argument but it wasn’t set up properly. I didn’t really like watching the film because I dislike documentaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment