Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blog Assignment 3

Blog Assignment #3 Citizen Kane
In my opinion Citizen Cane was a very long and tedious. It was a waste of a media class because it had very little meaning. Yes the man was one of the richest people in the world... Who cares? There are many people in the world like him including, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trumph etc. Many people say this is one of the best movies they have ever seen but really it was very meaningless. The ending was the worst (spoiler alert), really a sled. Yes very pointless because who in the heck was paying attention to what he was playing with as a kid? The ending in some peoples eyes meant that he had a bad childhood and missed out on his early life. Well if I was dying I wouldn’t be uttering my last word being a toy I had when I was eight. Then with the death of his former wife and son. There wasn’t any detail in what had happen or how he felt about that. The movies didn’t even show a flashback of how he was taking it. Most of the emotion in that movie came from his second wife which was the only character that showed an ounce of it. Many of the camera angles were well done though. I like how it was a black and white film and it had that antique style to it. I also enjoyed how the movie was played in flashbacks. It had you thinking about what was happening. But other then those two things mentioned I did not enjoy this film because of the acting, characters and storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment